“It is like you were sent by God”, that was the simple thank you message from freed Iranian fisherman Fazel ur Rehman after American sailors rescued him along with other distressed and adrift in the Persian Gulf after their vessel broke down and was taking on water.
It probably was not the headline the Mullahs wanted to see in the New York Times, but there is was for all the world to see.
What are the odds that twice in one week Americans would rescue Iranians, feed them and send them home in a matter of hours with God speed wishes.
Now compare that to the Iranian decision to sentence to death an America in Iran to visit his elderly grandmother on charges that he is a spy for the Great Satan. The ex-Marine Amir Hekmati had the permission of the Iranian interests section–the U.S.-based diplomatic representative for Iran in Washington D.C. to travel to Iran in August to visit his elderly grandmother. He was arrest on August 29 and Iranian officials initially urged the family to keep quiet in order to facilitate his release. But in December, Iranian media showed a video of Hekmati allegedly confessing to working for the CIA a charge his family denied. Iran has used this same tactic to torment the US since the days our embassy staff was held hostage for 444 days.
Maybe there is a sign from God somewhere in these intertwined stories. As tensions rise between Iran and the US over nuclear weapons and other issues and it looks like it will get worse before it gets better suddenly something completely unexpected happens—not once but twice. The Great Satan rescues Iranians in need, offers them food and hospitality and gets them safely home.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you—maybe the Iranian Mullahs should study their lessons!
- “The Great Satan’s” military is not so bad at all….lol – US navy rescues Iranian sailors (allianceforanidiotfreeamerica.wordpress.com)
- U.S. Saves Another Iranian Ship (lezgetreal.com)
- Amnesty: #Iran must halt #Hekmati execution (lissnup.wordpress.com)
- US Rescues Iranian Sailors, Again (abcnews.go.com)
- American ex-marine sentenced to death in Iran ” Hot Air (hotair.com)
- Hekmati: Iran’s latest political pawn (globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com)